Monday, July 09, 2007

Ya learn somethin' new everyday!

Those who know me well, know that I keep a stack of magazines in the bathroom for a very good reason......I like to read.....why else??!! Okay, so today I was reading a cool article on photoshop, and read about a new technique I hadn't tried yet. It is a technique used by professionals to create a "Dreamy" feel to a photo. This technique in film was called the "Orton Effect" and took a skilled person a very long time to produce a single image. Now with the magic of photoshop it takes less than a minute! We have it so easy with computers!! I played with an old image of Maile's son Canon. I used an image that I already quite liked, so I thought I would show you all the before and after just for the fun of it!! Go ahead people, i'm open for critique!!
P.S. Does anyone know why my pics wont expand when you click on them??



Here's the before

And after!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What can I say your darn good I really like the after pic, keep up the good work. You will eat good when I get there...

Becklett said...

Cody-Odey...your pictures are so awesome! I guess there's nothing more to say without making your ego bigger than it already is...Have a good one! -b

Jeff & Melissa said...

Good work!! Bring your good camera on Sunday so we can get a decent quality photo of the fam. No formal family pics or anything.... just a quick group shot, if you don't mind.