Friday, July 06, 2007

A day as an Electrical Estimator

Okay, so I thought I would blog what I do for work everyday. The idea came to me one day as I was driving around looking for more jobs to keep my guys busy. So here it goes!!



Okay, first of all, this is what I look at A LOT during the day...how exciting eh? Nothing better than the inside of a company truck..but hey, its got A/C, a CD player, and NAV...so im all good!




The next important step to being an effective electrical estimator is to keep yourself plenty hydrated with frothy Mt. Dew beverages! I forgot to mention in the last caption that my truck comes standard with 2 cup holders! One for my current beverage, and one for a future beverage!




Miniature ponies have nothing to do with electrical estimating, but they sure are rad!!



If you like to read blueprints, you might be cut out for this line of work, cause I stare at a lot of them, and sometimes the architects even get it right! Hmmm, paper with lots of symbols...exciting, I know!!

Every once in a while I come across a contractor that wants a fully customized electrical and lighting design. So I walk through the house, design things the way I think they should look, and then try to convince the contractor that he needs to spend another $10,000 to make it happen! Not an easy sell when they all want to work with a $500 budget!

I hope you have enjoyed a day on my job......stick to yours, i'm sure its more exciting!!

9 comments:

amy said...

where are the cheetos?

amy said...

Where are the cheetos?

amy said...

I think I posted that twice... I must really be upset that you don't have cheetos in your truck!

Kami said...

I wonder if Amy likes cheetos?

Jeff & Melissa said...

Thanks for opening my eyes to a day in the life of Cody... great insight!

Carrie said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing what you do!

Sam and I just back from camping up in Heber. At our campsite they actually had a freezer and refrigerator. Sam put my Dew in the freezer until is was slushy and then we drank it. that is so good when it's 90+ degrees outside!!

Courtney said...

That's a fun post! Nice to see how you spend your day. Oh and I seriously love your Cody shirt...it's so darn cute!

Unknown said...

Well I like your mom think you are real cute,but my fav. is your a Mt Dew guy. That puts you right on the top of the list, Chase's uncle needs to be cool like his Grandma Coates,, And anybody who knows me knows I keep Mt Dew around all the time. Can't wait to see you next weekend......

WRYUN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.