Monday, December 24, 2007

Its a Hawaiian Christmas!!

Its hard to feel bad about leaving sub-freezing weather when you realize that in just a few short hours you will be basking on an 84 degree island!! The only care of Utah that I brought with me was the Pneumonia I picked up in Morgan the week prior to my arrival to Oahu! The last week and a half at home were spent in weather that ranged from -2 to 14 degrees. It was bitter cold, but now I'm in Sunny Oahu and I couldn't feel better! The day I arrived, Kami and Ben greeted me at the airport with this beautiful Lei!

It was really fun to see them again, and I was glad she brought me the flowers, cause I felt so ripped off when I got off the plane and there were no hot hula girls putting flowers on us!!


The first night I stayed with my mom at the J.W. Marriott Ihilani Resort. Yeah, it was pretty ghetto! Our Lanai faced the ocean, and my mom woke me up at 6am so I could enjoy the Sunrise with her. We sat and chatted for about an hour as the sun rose, and I'd have to say, it was a lot of fun spending that time with her. She's pretty rad! Here's a few pics I snapped from our Lanai.


The tree in the Lobby was amazing! Here it is!

The other day Ben came home from work, and they had given him 2 tickets to the Hawaii Bowl. So today, he and I went over to the UH stadium and watched East Carolina humiliate Boise State. Our seats were kind of crappy, so we just walked down front like we knew what we were doing, and ended up sitting on the 40 yard line of Boise States side, 16 rows off the field! It was a lot of fun, and the half time show was complete with Hula and Fire dancers!!

These are my adventures thus far! I have taken some landscape photos, but I didn't bring my memory card reader for my other camera, so I'll probably just post all my "artsy" shots when I get home in a week. I'm pretty ready to quit my job and move over here though! Aloha, and Mele Kalikimaka!!

1 comment:

nalani said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the update!!!! Looks like you're having a miserable time without me! Take lots more pictures and keep updating so I can keep crying, I mean smiling that you're having such a great Christmas in Hawaii.