Monday, April 23, 2007

Meet The Parents!!!

Today I made it through another "meet the parents" session! I went up to Salt Lake to the Cottonwood Heights area and met Courtney's family. It was a lot of fun, and I'm happy to report there were no crazy mishaps! I think I even managed to make it through without sticking my foot in my mouth! Pretty good accomplishment for me I think! Courtney has 5 siblings and the group tonight included 2 spouses, 2 fiance's and 1 boyfriend! It was a houseful. They are quite the group and it was fun to see them tease each other like we do in our family! They even told family stories that I could best equate to the Cheetos story!! We also played Rummy and even though I've never played it before I still won! I hope that didn't put me on anyones bad side!! They are a fun bunch of people and it was good to get to know them.

This is our self-portrait after
we gorded ourselves at dinner!

7 comments:

Carl and Pat said...

I have to say, I was mightily impressed with Courtney, and not just because of her name!! So glad you enjoyed being with her family. We missed you at our calzone party, but you had a mighty good excuse!! (Aunt Pat)

nalani said...

Glad you had fun! Don't you know you shouldn't be a show-off and win the first time you play games with a new family.

Kami said...

Okay...so it's been a good two months since I have even looked at your blog because life has been so crazy lately! My goal for the day is to update my blog! We will see if that actually happens or not. I just wanted to say that it was so fun to have Courtney around at the reception! She is a blast to have around and I give my two thumbs up! I can't wait to get to know her better without so many other things going on at the same time! Good job on all the bog updates! Can you give me some of that motivation?

Curtis and Shandy said...

Did you introduce yourself as, "Hi I am Cody, I am a friend."

Thomas said...

Wow, nice bike.....oh Courtney is cute too.

Dave said...

Hey, my wifes parents live in cottonwood heights!

Richard and Sharon said...

Courtney is such a neat girl. She came over the other night to bring back Cody's camera stand and she stayed and talked for about an hour--even without Cody here. She is really a fun, easy to visit with girl. Good choice Cody:)