Thursday, January 31, 2008

Silly animals!

About a month ago I was up in Morgan, UT wiring a house for the owners of Roberts Crafts. I was part of a crew of 6 guys. While we were up there, we ended up making friends with a little squirrel. We started by feeding him some chips and random food that we had in our lunches. Soon on of our guys was grabing a tool out of our trailer when he saw the squirrel run by with a whole slice of pizza in its mouth! He then saw it trying to drag the slice of pepparoni up a tree!! We were all laughing so hard when we heard that! Here's a shot of our friend....


The funny thing is, that the week i left for Hawaii, the fun really started....We have a 19 year old apprentice named Ben. He is a short tiny little guy who could seriously pass the sacrament and look like the newbie!! The guys were eating lunch one day when our little friend showed up looking for food. Ben for some reason thought it would be funny to chase this poor squirrel down. As he dissapeared out of sight down a hill from where the guys were standing, the all suddenly heard Ben screaming bloody murder. The tossed down their lunches and ran to the top of the hill to see Ben with a death grip on his leg screaming.."please little squirrel, don't bite me!!!..I'm sorry, but please don't bite me!!" As they watched in disbelief, they realized that the squirrel had somehow managed to run up his pant leg! Ben was trying to prevent it from getting any further up his leg, thus taking and hiding the wrong kind of nuts!!!!! Of course the guys weren't going to help him, but all started to pull out their camera phones and starting taking pictures instead of helping! With friends like that, who needs enemies, right?! I had to share that story, cause I was seriously dying laughing when I heard it!

This year has been really cold and really snowy. I have noticed more deer and elk down lower this year than any year I can remember. Last week my buddy Jesse and I were out in Saratoga Springs just west of Lehi doing a service call when we saw this heard of 29 Antelope bedded down in this field. It was quite the sight, especially considering they were within a few hundred yards of the busiest intersection of that whole area. I thought it was cool so I took a picture.

2 comments:

Carl and Pat said...

We quickly learned when living in Redmond the motto "never make friends with a squirrel!" Reminds me of the experience we had with your mom in the kitchen of the pre-Carnahan (I think) house when the squirrel got in and went "nuts" running up walls, on window screens until we finally chased him out!

Sarah said...

Caleb doesn't know how to leave a comment but if he did, he'd say, "Put down that camera and get back to work!"
You always have the BEST stories, Cody!