Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Single Man's Last Hoooraaah!!

Wow, it takes effort to go that long without updating a blog! A few weeks ago I went on a trip with my dad and 9 others. We do this every year with a group of guys and its always a blast! This year we went down through southern Utah, into arizona, and colorado. My dad and I like to joke that we do SOME riding, and a lot of time shootin the breeze and kicking rocks at gas stations! I got made fun of my fair share because I bought a 2004 Honda Goldwing for the trip! I guess that officially makes me the old man of my buddies! Its all good though, cause I got the last laugh when I sold it the day after I got home for a killer profit! Good times had by all. Here's some pics!

Dad and I the first Morning in Torrey, UT

Riding through Capital Reef National Park
We took a ferry accross Lake Powell. The ferry was freakin huge!!

One of many rain storms we got caught in!

We stopped at the four corners area to stand in 4 states at the same time! Ask Jory where the real four corners is according to GPS!!!.....Haha...Inside Joke!

Ted and Chris sharing a moment on the John!


I had speakers built in to my helmet so I was able to listen to my iPod the whole trip!

Mesa Verde Indian Ruins near Cortez, CO



More of the ruins.




Cool view on along the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado.

On top of Independence Pass, CO Elevation 12,095 ft.

Independence Pass, CO


More of Indepence Pass, CO


On the way back my dad and I stopped in Vernal at the Dinosaur National Monument. If I have a piece of advice about that place, i'd tell you to save your money. They have closed down the area where you can look at the fossils, so basically you pay to walk into a dinky museum and a gift shop.


The redeeming value of the Dinosaur monument was this sweet dinosaur that is just outside of the gate! Saddle and all I got padre to climb on and give his best prehistoric cowboy impression!

My trusty Goldwing got the job done, and has me convinced that touring bikes are the only way to go out on the open road. I had an iPod hookup, am/fm radio w/ 6 disc CD changer, heated hand grips, a plush seat, and of course, reverse for backing up!! haha!!

Above everything else, its just good to spend some time with my Dad. We really haven't gotten the opportunity to do that all that much over the last several years so I love every moment I get to spend with him. He's been a huge support and wonderful example in my life. I'm stoked that we finally are going to get to live by each other again. So even though you have to constantly tell me to slow down on these trips, ..... thanks for building memories with me dad. You're the best!

3 comments:

Carl and Pat said...

Great update...so--you took a fairy on the ferry?!

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I didn't even realize there was all of that to see! Can't wait to see you guys on saturday!!! We are so so happy for you!

Carl and Pat said...

Now that you've corrected the spelling of ferry, our comment doesn't sound so good...!