Friday, August 29, 2008

Final Post


This will probably be my last post as tomorrow I will be getting married. For all future updates visit http://meridith-taylor.blogspot.com/ But I wanted to share a final thought about the love of my life.............

A little over a year and a half ago I felt as if my whole world had fallen apart. I was left torn, broken, and hurt beyond what I thought could ever be repaired. It was a hard lesson in life, but one I endured with hope and optimism. Yet life moved on. On one winter evening, I met the most intriguing, interesting, caring, stunningly beautiful woman I had ever met in my life. Never before had I ever felt so drawn to anyone, and the funny thing is, I didn't understand why. I hardly knew her, yet I felt I did. We had hardly spoken, yet I felt we had spent years conversing. But as time went on, I knew why I had felt that way that evening. Meridith has been the single biggest blessing in my life. My decision to marry her has been more impactful than any other event in my life. Tomorrow I will marry the woman of my dreams, and I couldn't have asked for a better companion. She blends with my family and friends so well. She is a wonderful mother to 3 wonderful children whom I love dearly. She is an excellent example of kindness and charity to all we seem to come in contact with. She has a unique ability to get along well with others and see the best in people....a gift not all are born with!! She has compassion on those that need it, and reminds me to do the same. She pushes me to be the very best I can be, and has helped me overcome so many obsticles in my life already. But most of all, she loves me for me. She see's through my imperfections and loves me anyway! I am so happy she is mine and that I am hers! I love you Meridith, Hailey, Bronson, and Madison!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful tribute to your beautiful wife! About a year and a half ago we all felt that same sorrow right along with you...it just didn't seem fair! But now, as with everything in life, it all makes sense...hindsight is 20/20! Welcome to the family Meridith! We love you and your children!

Carl and Pat said...

Well said, Cody! Congratulations to you both. We couldn't be happier for you!

Unknown said...

So cute. That's all I can say

Mrs. B said...

No one has commented cuz they are all amazed you updated.

I am sniffling away my tears about this touching blog. I hope you make a copy for Meredith to read, it really is someting special.

Have a happy life (eternity) together.