Saturday, January 27, 2007

In the words of my favorite uncle Carl....DAMN DOG!!

Could somebody please tell me the difference between these two pictures?


If you answered "Maddy" you'd be wrong!!! The correct answer is a $35 donation to the Utah county animal shelter! Okay, I know I won't get any sympathy from Curtis and Shandy, but everyone else laugh it up!!

So it takes a little over a month of whining to Jed to finally convince him that its in Maddy's best interest to be here at our house instead of being lonely up in Cedar Hills. I finally move her here to the side of our house and the very next morning came out to an empty Kennel!! Long story short, she ended up wandering around at the grocery store around the corner where a conerned citizen opted to take her to the pound instead of reading her tag and calling the number! So $35 later I have my dog back. Thus the title.."DAMN DOG"!!

The best part of the story was having Nalani and Jed laugh at me that night when I told them that my life had turned into a big old Country song.......Lost my wife, lost my house, my dog ran away, and I aint got no job!!!! Good grief!!

All the worry, training, feeding, cleaning up poop, walking, and affection, all for this........


I'm not always convinced it's worth it!!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay! Cody updated!!!
I'm sorry your life feels like a country song. think of it this way: Country music sucks, so change the station and listen to something that inspires you, like grunge or heavy metal! Or, just play Guitar Hero on the PS2--you've got some groovy moves there!
We love you!!

Amelia said...

Cody that's hilarious. At least you can give your pup some credit for hittin up all the local hot spots. I was dyin when you referred your life to a country song... I agree with Carrie, change the station and listen to something diff!

Thomas said...

when nalani told me this story i was crying i was laughing so hard. At least you provide some good entertainment for us and you always have liked to make everyone laugh

Kami said...

But she's so dang cute! How can you say no to that face!

nalani said...

Of course you think she's cute Kami.....she's not barking outside your window every morning!!! Actually she's a pretty good dog. The neighbor kids love to go up to her kennel and pet her as their waiting for the bus in the morning but Jed had to go out one morning and establish some rules like "we never open the gate and let her out!" The kids were all "ok Brother Baadsgaard---we promise we won't!"

Natalie Service said...

WAIT - before you change the station, I know a few honky tonk ba-donk-kah-donks who want to know if your tractor is sexy!

Carl and Pat said...

From my point of view: gate #1 looks like work, gate #2 looks peaceful. (Aunt Pat)

Indiana Clark's said...

Michael would say...Red Hot Chili Peppers Baby!!!

Jason,Erika & kids said...

at least your neighbor did not come running up your road chasing the dog with a baseball bat! I dont think he realized the only reason the dog was running in front of him is because he is so stupid that he thought the guy was showing him where the ball was!!! Yes im talking about my wifes dog. welcome to my world.

Carrie said...

Cody, please please please update!

Carl and Pat said...

CODY...ARE YOU IN THERE?